How Does it Work?
Connection Accelerator Mentoring Program (CAMP)'s online platform allows mentors and mentees to complete a profile, which includes their major, industry, demographic information, and career history/interests. Mentees will then have the option to either select a mentor who best matches their current and future professional goals or request to be matched to a mentor. Once the matching process is completed, the mentor and mentee can then get in touch via the matching platform. Their first meeting will be a face to face introduction at the Mentoring Kick off launch party. During this party, they are expected to work out a mentorship agreement, which outlines that the relationship will last one year, how they will communicate with one another, and both parties’ objectives, so that mentors and mentees understand the other’s needs and expectations for the relationship.
CAMP has purposefully designed this program to be flexible for busy professional mentors and mentees. Mentors and mentees have complete control over the mentorship relationship and can decide how the relationship will work.
Here is the program’s step-by-step guide:
- Complete a profile to become a mentor or a mentee (this takes approximately 15-25 minutes).
- Mentees search for a mentor and request to be matched to a mentor
- Meet with your mentor/mentee and decide together the parameters of the relationship, such as how often and how you will meet (view the Mentorship Agreement Form) to set your goals for the relationship.
- Review the program's resources page to facilitate relationship-building.
- Meet as often as possible either in person or via email, phone, or video chat.
- Share feedback with the CAMP about your experiences and ways we can improve the program.