Welcome to Vibrant Pittsburgh's Connection Accelerator Mentoring Program.
As Pittsburgh's first diversity focused mentoring platform, the goal of CAMP is to increase diversity within our region by building strong connections between diverse students and industry professionals.
Our vision is to build the most robust diversity mentoring platform that will host thousands of students and professionals across Pittsburgh's growing ecosystem. These relationships will prepare students and help them accomplish their professional goals, create access to direct job opportunities and continue to retain talent.
Below are high level guidelines of our program:
- Participating students must be at least 18 years of age, currently enrolled in a college or university. Students from all class years, programs and schools may participate as mentees.
- Students can either find a mentor or request to get matched using this platform.
- This platform should be the primary method of communication between mentors and mentees.
- Mentors must be working part-time or full-time in the Pittsburgh region and have at-least 3 years of work experience*.
- Mentors will serve as coaches, advisers and connectors, helping students expand their networks and prepare for the transition from college to career.
- Allegheny College
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Carlow University
- Chatham University
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Duquesne University
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Johns Hopkins University
- Lincoln University
- Oberlin College
- Penn State University
- Point Park University
- Robert Morris University
- Seton Hill
- Texas A&M
- University of Michigan
- University of Pittsburgh + GSPIA
- Washington and Jefferson College
- West Virginia University
We are continually adding new schools to this list!
*Work experience - exceptions apply. If you have less than 3 years of work experience, but would like to be a mentor please email our team to discuss further.
Ready to Sign up?
See how CAMP has helped some of our students!
- "The Connection Accelerator Mentorship Program has really helped expand my understanding on career choices and numerous job opportunities Pittsburgh has to offer!" -Ashley (University of Pittsburgh '20)
- "I had no intentions of staying in Pittsburgh after graduation until I joined CAMP." -Minnie (Point Park University '23)